Saturday, October 16, 2010

SUPERFOODS FOR FLAT ABS


Include these four belly flatteners in your eating routine:

Avocado: Even though avocados are high in fat (they are monounsaturated fats aka good fat), they are packed with nutrients and vitamins. When I am dining I like to order avocado-rich meals simply because they keep me full longer. Keep in mind, I am a veggiehead so ordering steam veggies will not satisfy me but an avocado sandwich will. Tip:Dip veggie slices in 1/4 cup of guacamole for a flat-ab snack. It is YUMMY!!!

Green Tea: (one of my most fave) Drinking three cups of green tea a day can kick up your metabolism and erase 30 calories a day. I try to sip in the morning and at night at bed time. It is usually the last thing I put in my body before bed. I am sorta kinda addicted to it!!! Tip: resist the urge to add sugar. It is more effective without the sweeteners.

Yogurt: This helps prevent bloating. Opt for a probiotic-rich yogurt. I would avoid those tempting yogurts with the Oreo and M&M chips...trust it is not the same. You will be loading up on poor calories. I love Activia and Oikos Greek Yogurt.Tip: Add it to your breakfast routine (like me) or snack (like the girlies).

Blueberries: Blueberries are great antioxidants. One way I focused on strengthening my core was with lots of cardio. Antioxidants improve the blood flow and gives your muscles the oxygen it needs to exercise longer, harder and often. Tip: Try them with a whole-grain waffle. Eating them raw is just as satisfying.

1 comment:

  1. I used green tea to help me after I plateaued during my weightloss challenge. It really does work to boost your metabolism right along with drinking ALOT of water. Avocados & guac is simply divine ;0)

    ReplyDelete