Friday, October 15, 2010

I GOT MY DREAM BODY....


When it clicked: I was sick and went to see the family physician. I thought I was going to receive meds for the flu, instead it was a wake up call. I stepped on the scale and was astonished when the nurse called out, "170 pounds". I left there feeling like I needed to make a change.

How I did it: I was too ashamed to join a gym so I started working out in my family room. I would put the girlies down and work out with Leslie Sansone (a workout dvd I bought from Walmart for about 10 bucks). After losing my first 15 pounds I mustered up enough courage to join a gym and invest in a trainer. I also changed my diet. I went cold turkey and eliminated beef and pork from my diet. I filled up on veggies, worked out daily and snacked on fresh fruit.

The payoff :I am down to 125 pounds after a year and half and finally wearing a size 2.

Follow my lead:
I experiment with my meals (especially since I am officially a vegetarian), snack on almonds over chips and I don't deprive myself from indulges... I just know my limits.

1 comment:

  1. Yay I'm so proud of you I knew you could do it ;0) Looking forward to more post! Go TO!

    ReplyDelete