Thursday, January 20, 2011

Staying Fab.Fit. at home

It has been a minute... I have started tackling several projects all at once. However, I have decided to cancel my gym membership and focus on building my fitness portfolio as I prepare to take the personal trainer examination in April ( I initially said March, but I need to get a few of these other endeavors squared away) Anyway, I am building an in-home gym and tracking my progress in a journey and this blog... update when I have time :) I decided to make this transistion public because most of my friends are either intimidated by the gym scene or don't want to spend the money on a gym membership. Soooo if you fit that category I am here to help you get in shape in the comfort of your home :)

How to get started??? Invest in the following:

1. A pair of sneakers that are appropriate for the activity and fit you well. We don't want to let blisters, shin splints, knee pain and tedonitis discourage us now do we??? So invest in a good pair of sneakers. I would suggest going to a store that specializes in athletic shoes like
Foot Locker, Finish Line etc.

2. Sports Bra- Choose support over style. Wider straps are better and try it on for size. Buying an ill-fitting bra can be painful.

3. Weights- Strength training should be part of everyone's routine, but which weights you buy depends on your preference.Individual dumbbells are an economical choice. Choose weights that are heavy enough that you can do 2 sets of 8 to 10 reps.

4. Yoga Mat-Yoga is popular for reducing stress, but it can also slim your stomach, improve mental function, ease backaches and more. I use to rely on the yoga classes at my local gym but I plan to use the yoga dvds I have at home. I may attend a class monthly whe
n I want to add variety to my routine.

5. Resistance Band- Resistance bands are good for toning, inexpensive, and easy to store, making them useful home fitness tools. This is great for bicep curls :)




More to Try (all suggested items)
  • Pedometer
  • Treadmill
  • Stability Ball





Your Most Important Fitness Tool is:
A CAN-DO ATTITUDE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment